6 Must-Read Tips For Writing An Essay
6 Must-Read Tips For Writing An Essay!
1. Determine the type of essay you are going to write such as argumentative essay, descriptive essay or compare and contrast essay. An argumentative essay discusses an idea, people or situation and aims to persuade the readers the way you feel about it. A descriptive essay describes an event in an anecdotal way by using sensory details. While a compare and contrast essay compares two ideas, events and people and shed light on their positive and negative aspects. After you have established the type of the essay, choose your topic.
2. Once you have chosen a good topic, then you have to create a compelling thesis statement. Make it concise and attention-grabbing.
3. Start by writing an introductory paragraph. You will introduce your topic as well as provide background information to the readers and tell them why you are discussing it. Make it interesting and attention-grabbing. Use eye-catching details to hold attention of the readers. An introduction only gives an overview about what you will discuss in the essay; therefore you should not discuss your topic in detail in this section. Mention at least three ideas from your topic. Introduce your thesis here.
4. Now, write body paragraphs of your essay. Use at least three paragraphs to discuss your topic. Each paragraph should focus on a separate idea from your introductory paragraph. Use ideas in the order they appeared in the introduction. Each of your ideas should be supported by relevant evidence, facts and examples.
5. Finally, write conclusion of your essay. In this section, you will summarise all the ideas presented in the introductory and body paragraphs. Here you will also give your comments about what you have acquired through your discussion.
6. And last but not the least; you must revise your work before submitting it. Go through your entire work and check if there is anything missing in your work. Make sure if you have used proper transitional words in between sentences and paragraphs. Lastly, reread your whole work and check if it sounds coherent and logical.
• Be sure to conform to the requirements of your college. Your essay assignment must meet the specified word count given by your college.
• Proofread your paper thoroughly to make it free from spelling, grammar or punctuation errors. Having such mistakes will significantly affect the quality of your assignment.